ALCOHOL AWARE EMPLOYER
Welcome to Alcohol Aware Employer
Alcohol Aware Employer is an initiative set up by Alcohol Health Network in 2017 to help employers positively promote alcohol awareness in their workplace.
It's free, entirely voluntary and here to help.
Whether you're already promoting alcohol awareness as part of your employee health and wellbeing strategy, or you've yet to make a start, you will find free resources, support and ideas on how you can make your organisation alcohol aware and improve the health of all your employees.
Since its launch, hundreds of employers have made use of our free resources and ideas. Join them!
Be an Alcohol Aware Employer and show your employees you're positive about alcohol and health & wellbeing.
This is a really important campaign from Alcohol Health Network – I would urge all employers to promote
alcohol awareness in their workplace, to improve overall health and wellbeing.
All employers should make sure they’re ‘alcohol aware’, starting with a clear policy and promoting alcohol awareness across managers and employees. It’s good for business and good for employee health.
— Professor Sir Cary L Cooper, CBE
About Alcohol Aware Employer
Alcohol Aware Employer helps employers to promote alcohol awareness among employees and support problem-drinking employees by working towards the following:
- Having a clear, up to date alcohol policy, which is well communicated to all employees
- Ensuring that information on alcohol units, the NHS low-risk drinking guidelines, information on health risks and where to get support is easily available to all employees
- Managers are supported and trained to recognise alcohol problems early on and know how to deal with them effectively and signpost to support
- Ensuring employees know that if they are concerened about their drinking they will be supported and encouraged to seek advice and treatment where necessary
Benefits of becoming an Alcohol Aware Employer
Promoting alcohol awareness in the workplace has many benefits, both to your organisation and your employees:
Demonstrates clearly to employees you value their health & wellbeing
Encourages lower risk drinking across your workforce
Improves the physical & mental health of all employees
Reduces absenteeism & presenteeism
Ensures alcohol problems are managed effectively and appropriately
Supports the diversity of your workforce
I welcome this enterprise. It has a most important aim – to help people recognise the serious long-term risks to health and wellbeing when they drink above recommended guidelines. Alcohol gives social pleasures but when abused it causes personal harm and damages relationships, families and working life.
- Professor Dame Carol Black, DBE
You will receive these FREE resources, when you sign up:
- Alcohol Aware Employer logo and certificate for your marketing purposes
- Our model workplace alcohol policy
- A4 alcohol units poster for you to print
- Bi-monthly newsletter on alcohol and workplace wellbeing
- Free 1 hour consultation with one of our consulants to discuss any queries you may have around promoting alcohol awareness in the workplace
- 10% off our Line Manager and Health Champion Alcohol Awareness Training
All available when you sign up.
Not Convinced? Take our free online diagnostic to find out how alcohol aware your organisation is.
Get in Touch
If you’d like more information about Alcohol Aware Employer or any of our training services and events, please email email@example.com or call us on 020 3151 2420. We'd love to hear from you.