ALCOHOL AWARE EMPLOYER
Welcome to Alcohol Aware Employer
Alcohol Aware Employer is a workplace initiative set up by Alcohol Health Network in 2017 to help employers promote alcohol awareness in their workplace and actively support people who have alcohol problems to get the support they need.
It's free and entirely voluntary.
Whether your organisation wants new ideas to promote alcohol awareness, or to find out how to support employees with drink problems, you will find free resources and ideas on how you can make your organisation alcohol aware and improve the health of all your employees.
Since its launch, hundreds of employers have made use of our free resources and ideas. Join them!
Be an Alcohol Aware Employer and show your employees you're positive about alcohol and health & wellbeing.
This is a really important campaign from Alcohol Health Network – I would urge all employers to promote
alcohol awareness in their workplace, to improve overall health and wellbeing.
All employers should make sure they’re ‘alcohol aware’, starting with a clear policy and promoting alcohol awareness across managers and employees. It’s good for business and good for employee health.
— Professor Sir Cary L Cooper, CBE
About Alcohol Aware Employer
Alcohol Aware Employer helps employers to promote alcohol awareness among employees and support employees with alcohol problems to get help. Signing up to Alcohol Aware Employer will allow you to:
- Have a clear, up to date alcohol policy, which is well communicated to all employees
- Provide information on alcohol units, the NHS low-risk drinking guidelines and health risks if you drink too much
- Demonstrate clearly to employees you value their health & wellbeing
Is your organisation alcohol aware? Take our free online test to find out how alcohol aware your organisation really is. We'll send you feedback on your results.
I welcome this enterprise. It has a most important aim – to help people recognise the serious long-term risks to health and wellbeing when they drink above recommended guidelines. Alcohol gives social pleasures but when abused it causes personal harm and damages relationships, families and working life.
- Professor Dame Carol Black, DBE
You will receive these FREE resources, when you sign up:
- Alcohol Aware Employer logo and certificate for your marketing purposes
- Our model workplace alcohol policy - setting out how to support employees with an alcohol problem
- A4 alcohol units poster, with NHS guidelines for you to print
- Free 1 hour phone consultation with one of our consulants to discuss how to promote alcohol awareness and support employees with an alcohol problem
- 10% off our Alcohol Awareness Training for HR teams, Line Managers or Health Champions
All available when you sign up for free.
Get in Touch
If you’d like more information about Alcohol Aware Employer or any of our training services and events, please email email@example.com or call us on 020 3151 2420. We'd love to hear from you.